Contributoria is closing down
Contributoria’s focus was always on the writers. I am very proud to have worked on a product that helped journalists to get paid to write the stories that they were interested in. Over £250K was spent on funding nearly 800 stories published on Contributoria.
Lots of great minds were involved in bringing Contributoria to life, beyond the current team. I’m very proud of the work we’ve all done to make it possible.
Seems fitting to end by bringing the focus back to writing, so here’s a list of my favourite articles funded on Contributoria:
- Language, identity and the power of the pronoun by Keph Senett
- Gay-friendly churches: an ethical earthquake? by Adam Forrest
- Neither a girl, nor a boy by Fanny Malinen
- Whose nipples are they, anyway? by Helena Greenlees
- Sexism in sports journalism by Virginia Cerezo
- A day in the life of a bookie by Harry Vale
- The climate movement needs to turn off the war machine by Steve Rushton
- The (knitted) fabric of society: the story of the Icelandic sweater by Hannah Wilson